Old September 26th 03, 03:08 AM
Al Gilson

Congrats Jay. I saw it too. I'm pleased to say that, "I read it here
first!"

Oh...can I get a signed e-mail copy now that you're famous?

in article c4kcb.570902$uu5.94086@sccrnsc04, Jay Honeck at
wrote on 9/24/03 9:59 AM:

Just read your article in "The Flying Life" and enjoyed it. Will you be
a regular contributor?

Thanks, Edward. I was probably more surprised than you were to see "Final
Flight" in "Flying Life" magazine!

As some of you may recall, I had submitted the article about the old
gentleman Mooney driver to them a few months ago, and they had come back to
me with a list of things they wanted to change and edit. When I responded
negatively, I thought I'd heard the end of it.

I then got busy and forgot all about it, figuring I'd shop it around to
other aviation mags when I got some time.

Well, imagine my surprise when I opened my new copy of the mag last week,
only to see that they had published it! I immediately contacted them, and
both of the folks I regularly deal with thought that the other one had told
me, etc... Needless to say, they seem a bit disorganized during this
start-up period.

Either way, it's nice to be published again! I hope to remain a regular
contributor, as my time permits...

:-)