Old February 3rd 04, 06:21 AM

My interpretation is that the day you completed the requirements (as
noted in your logbook) for the Wings program, the clock re-starts on
both the 1-year minimum-between-Wings-awards and the BFR clock.

How long it takes for the FAA to send out the Wings Of Tin is beyond our
control.

Dave Blevins
Wings x 2

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:01:27 -0500, Andrew Gideon
wrote:

I just received my first WINGS pin the other day. I'd not known what to
expect, and the little pin and certificate were nice to receive.

But I'm wondering now about a couple of aspects to this with respect to
timing. Understand that the various requirements to this program were
satisfied over a period of many months. More, I didn't actually send the
application in until well after I completed the final requirement.

I know that I can only do this once a year. But where does the year start?
That is, can I get my next WINGS pin 12 months after I completed the
requirements for this pin? Or is it 12 months after I received this one?
Must I wait a year before taking training I can count towards the pin?

More importantly, what does this do to by BFR's clock? From when do I start
counting that? Is it when I received the pin, when I completed the last
requirement, the first requirement, or something else?

Thanks...
- Andrew