Old February 3rd 04, 03:01 PM
Andrew Gideon

My interpretation is that the day you completed the requirements (as
noted in your logbook) for the Wings program, the clock re-starts on
both the 1-year minimum-between-Wings-awards and the BFR clock.

How long it takes for the FAA to send out the Wings Of Tin is beyond our
control.

The FSDO actually sent it pretty quickly: w/in a couple of weeks. The delay
between completion and sending in the paperwork was all mine.

Having checked on the certificate's date, I can report that it is dated not
from when I sent in the paperwork, but when I completed the requirements.
I'd not thought to check on the date; doing so (at the suggestion of
someone here) made it all clear.

- Andrew