Old July 8th 04, 05:37 PM
Jay Masino

In rec.aviation.owning Jay Honeck wrote:
Sorry for the cross-posting, Guys and Gals, but I'm appealing for your
help -- NOW.
Our City Council will be deciding THIS WEEK whether or not to put the
dissolution of our independent airport commission on the ballot this fall.
If this goes to the ballot, the damage done to our airport may be
irreversible.

In my experience, City (or County) Council members don't care about the
opinions of anyone other than the voters in their district. I've been
fighting for 17 years against the closure, or other threats, to several
different airports (College Park, MD, Freeway Airport, MD, Ocean City, MD)
and I've written a lot of letters. They usually fall on deaf ears unless
you vote in their district. Right now, we're in a similar battle in Ocean
City, and we don't even have an airport commision. We're screwed
constantly because we have to deal with the City Council, directly. I
don't blame you for trying to avoid that. Nevertheless, the Ocean City
Council barely listens to my letters, etc, at all, because, although I own
property in the city, I don't vote there (it's not my "primary"
residence). I suspect you're gonna have the same problem with all of us
writing letters/e-mails. The Iowa City Council isn't gonna give a crap
about letters from other areas of the country.

--- Jay

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___