Old July 8th 04, 07:38 PM
gatt

Our Airport Commission was set up after World War II specifically to
insulate the airport from the winds of politics. Our grandfathers knew

that
one day our airport -- once so far from town -- would become surrounded by
development, and that airport land would be almost irresistible to
developers.

This is not unfounded. IIRC, NWPILOT's home base has the same history and
is threatened by the same fate. They actually have red lights on the roofs
of the apartment complexes across the street from the airport.

Unfortunately, I don't live in Iowa (or Washington state) so my voice
probably isn't worth anything. But if somebody needs a good general purpose
cussing out, why...

-c