Old April 12th 05, 07:43 PM
Vixus

If you want to be a career pilot, you need to really, really want to
be a pilot. You can pass the medical, right? Did you think a
biology degree would be helpful?

Not particularly, I'm just taking a degree as a backup. Also, I am
keen to go to university.

Two good ways to start: sign up for the air force, on the condition
that you get pilot training.

Are you not forced to join the air force for a certain period of time?

find a college that offers a pilot type degree. Some of these can
offer really useful deals.

That's a good idea, thank you. But usually you have to pay for
tuition, will this work out cheaper than paying for training (I'm
guessing it will.)

Other ways: the traditional hard-slog route: scrimp for a CPL-IR
then instruct, then do what it takes to get into a commuter.
That's easier said than done - but it can be done.

You are not about to swan into an airline pilot job, no matter what,
unless your Daddy owns an airline. Think about it. And make up your
mind whether you are willing to pay the price of admission. Then, go
for it!

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

Thanks Brian. I know it's a hard route, but I wish to take it. I still
wonder if there are any PPL scholarships being offered, as one of my
friends recently recieved an application form simply for visiting the
London airshow!