Old May 27th 05, 06:35 PM
Mike Rapoport

wrote in message
oups.com...
Wow! A very-well established multimillionaire Senator selling out for
the HUGE sum of $2000? Amazing! Think I could get him to name a highway
after me if I sent him a check for $1.50 ? I'm sure it couldn't
POSSIBLY be any other reason why he supports the bill...like the fact
that the NWS itself reversed a long-standing policy of not copmeting
with private companies. Before last year when the NWS reversed its 1991
rule, it didn't directly compete with private companies that have
risked capital and effort to provide a service needed by the public. Do
you REALLY want to have federally funded government agencies (with all
of the wonderful efficiencies the federal government brings with it)
using their state subsidization to compete with the private sector?

Normally I'd agree, but in this case the taxpayers spent all the money
(billions) for the sensors and funded all the weather research. As a
result, the taxpayers have a right to the product of their investment. It
would be different if the private weather companies were going to buy all
the satellites, radars, and other reporting stations and launch there own
balloons accross the country twice a day.

Mike
MU-2