Old August 10th 03, 01:59 AM
Peter Ashwood-Smith C-GZRO

Another data point. I fly intermediate in a Pitts S-1T and I pull 6G's
on just about every pull. Negative G's are rather light in
Intermediate because the worst we get is an inverted turn of about
-3Gs or so.

Higher G's are not so much of a problem because the duration is
shorter.
The real question is what is the "G * seconds" that you are
experiencing. 2 G's
for a minute will knock you out just as readily as 10g's for a second
or so.

Anyway, you just get used to it with time and practice ... its quite
remarkable how a normal person can acclimatise to it.

Peter

Advanced pilots routinely get +6 to +8 and -4 to -6 (depending on how
aggressive they fly. I usually have +7 and -5. When I flew Unlimited in my
S-2A I actually had less since pulling to many g's bleeds off too much energy,
and you need every bit of energy to get through an Unlimited sequence in an
-A.

Guenther

Guenther Eichhorn |
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory, Cambridge, MA
CPL,ASMELS,Glider,LBH,IA,CFI | Pitts S-2A: N1GE
DC-3 type rating | Flying is the Pitts
See:
http://acro.harvard.edu/ACRO

In article ,
"Brian Moffet" writes:
That;s probably PattyWagstaff. What she does is a bit out of the ordinary
for competition aerobatics.

I would be surprised if someone pulls more than 4.5 Gs positive and -3
negative for advanced competition, much less for Basic/Primary. I've only
flown basic and sportsman, and there I was pretty much only doing +3 Gs,
and -1 negative (upside down.)

Brian

"Aardvarks" wrote in message
pilot in training wrote:

just curious as to how many positive and how many negative g's you
feel in an average competition areobatics preformance.
I just saw a show on the Wings channel ...
In an Extra 300
The female pilot said she does
9+ and 6-
at Oshkosh.

--
Brian D. Moffet -- http://www.moffetimages.com
Photography, Computer/Security Consulting.