Old September 11th 04, 04:35 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
online.com...

Departing Lancaster the other day, I received an odd clearance. I was
cleared from the airport to the Lancaster VOR, then East Texas VOR...

It was that first leg (Lancaster Airport to Lancaster VOR) that confused
me. The VOR is on the field. I have little choice but to go past it as a
trundle down the runway awaiting rotation speed.

So...why that clearance? What is expected of me?

What I did was go to the VOR (as I accelerated down the runway {8^) and
then proceeded to ETX. But was that right?

What had you filed and what was the actual clearance?