Old October 2nd 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Nik

Default Center: Say type aircraft... Me: Citabria 7GCBC, Center: Ahhhhh???

No it did not, I flew to St. Louis..

-Nik
Rich Badaracco wrote:
I was flying home from Hunstville, AL yesterday. Did this happen around
the NC/SC border? I think I heard the exchange. The controller clearly
had no idea what type aircraft this was.

Rich Badaracco
Director - Angel Flight North Carolina

Nik wrote:
Ok so I requested flight-following because my route took me into pretty
high traffic areas (inside Class B and surrounding)
I was on a Flight Plan and requested center to give me flight
following, ok call made, radar contact established 10 miles NW of XXX.
Then he asked me: say type aircraft, I said: Citabria 7GCBC, the
controller seemed confused for a second, and just said in reply,
allright we'll lookout for you.
Other than that the flight went on perfectly and as planned.

Is the type I am saying wrong? Should it be CH7A instead of Citabria
7GCBC?

Help me out here guys...