Old January 30th 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Beryl[_2_]

Default Flat free ground handling wheels

Stuart & Kathryn Fields wrote:
Gary: Thanks. You don't know where the rigid foam came from do you?

Stu
"gk" wrote in message

The wheels for my 269A were aluminum and the tires were inflated to 70psi.
The aluminum wheels meant that I could take them along if needed and if
the tires were kept at approximately 70 it was an easy push (on a level
hard surface). An acquaintance of mine had similar tires for his 500
filled with some sort of rigid foam (for tractor tires, I believe). This
gave a airless tire that was about as stiff as the one with 70psi.

Michelin makes foam "tubes" for motorcycles, maybe for other
applications as well. I've heard they're an ordeal to install or remove.
Google "Bib Mousse"