Old September 16th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John[_6_]

Default FAA address change

Matt Whiting wrote:

You just have to love the FAA. My address recently changed from a rural
route address to a road address to comply with our new county 911
system. I have an official letter saying that my new address is Cross
RD. I entered that into the FAA online address change form and it
changed it to Cross ST and said that it had been changed to be compliant
with USPS standards. It was the USPS that gave me Cross RD!!

Left hand please meet right hand. Well, if they want to call my dirt
road a street, more power to them. I just hope the mail carrier doesn't
get confused as they do use street addresses in town, but roads in the
township...

In most places, Street and Road are used interchangeably by whoever named
the roads so the difference doesn't mean much. It's just important that the
entire name is correct.

If "Cross Road" is brand new, it is possible that the FAA's edition of
their database does not yet have it. You could always try calling them to
override their rules. You may have the same trouble with magazine
subscriptions for a while too. Been there.