Old June 2nd 05, 04:34 PM
George Patterson

But I'm wondering how they handle a light AC arriving (just flying in
but not specifically for the show) prior to the field being closed for
the actual performance. Seems like it would be difficult to collect
the admission since when you land, you are already behind the fence.

We flew into Schenectady a few years ago for the Blue Angels show. Aircraft that
flew in for the show were parked in one area; aircraft that flew in for other
reasons were parked in another. It didn't pay to lie about it, since the second
parking area was pretty blocked in and you wouldn't have been able to get a
plane out of there for a few hours after the show.

Both parking areas were outside the show area and you had to pay to get in. I
suppose that one could've flown in, parked by the FBO, and hung around the front
lawn for free, but you wouldn't have been able to see much from that vantage.
It's also possible that the constabulary would've come around and run you off if
you tried that. The airport grounds are private property.

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.