Old March 12th 04, 02:52 AM
Ed Haywood

Default Recovering fuselage

The belly fabric on my Decathlon is in terrible shape. It is oil soaked to
the point where the paint and tapes are flaking off. Something has to be
done. Doubtful we can reskin just the belly, so we are considering a
recover of the entire fuselage.

Is it possible to recover a fuselage without disassembling the aircraft
completely? We just had a brand new engine and prop installed, and would
like to avoid yanking the engine off. Would like to leave the interior and
panel alone, too, mainly to save money and time.

Obviously we can't do a complete restoration, to include sandblasting the
frame and repriming, but could we inspect and clean/prime only the areas
where we spot problems?

Thanks