Old May 4th 05, 11:45 AM
Thomas Borchert

Michael,
I have. My first flight in one involved bailing out the pilot, who
botched the ILS so badly he pegged the GS needle. It made me
understand why the accident rate was what it was.

And that had to do with the model airplane you were flying in which way?

Let me tell you, a 1969 Arrow sucks rocks in comparison.

Wrong comparison. The right comparison is a 1965 S-model Bonanza with
the IO-550.

I didn't bring up the comparison, the poster I answered to did. And a
1965 Bo, while a nice plane, is still a *1965* Bo.

All Arrows suck compared to either Cirrus or Bonanza. Thing is, when I
fly with people in their Arrows, I don't have to bail them out.

Oh Bull!

No you won't. At least I couldn't. Oh, they've done everything they
could to put a modern false face on the engine - but it's still
obsolete technology.

I didn't disagree with that. You know of any alternatives, besides the
DA-40 TDI? I don't.

but no better than the Bonanza with a JPI at a fraction of the price.

Some think so. Many don't - witness the sales numbers.

Look, I don't want to fight over this or defend anything. But the sales
numbers are there. You can't debate those.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)