Old November 27th 04, 01:09 AM
Gerald Sylvester

Default ANR headsets ----any experience with the in-ear type?

More and more of my friends are interested in going flying with
me. I guess word is getting around. I have a DC 10-60 for myself.
Shortly after I got my license I got another pair for passenger use.
I preferred not to spend so much but after trying on so many others,
I didn't want to subject my passengers to such crude torture.

Well it's time to get another passenger headset. I am thinking
about getting a cheaper pair for their use or just upgrading
mine to ANR. I tried my friend DC 10-13X's and for some reason
they sounded funny like some kind of odd feedback. It wasn't horrendous
but for $600 I'm looking for 'perfect' or as close to it. I tried
my other friend's Bose and they were damn nice but for $1000, ummm, I
can think of a 1000 other things to spend it on.

Does anyone have any experience with Panther and the newer Lightspeed?
I think there is one other too but can't remember the name. How's
the sound quality? How's the PNR and the ANR? How's the durability?
I know the Lightspeeds regular headsets have MANY more problems than
DC's but apparently this headset comes with a case.

thanks for your input.
Gerald Sylvester