Old December 21st 03, 03:50 PM
Richard Ross

I have been using my handheld GPS to both record the flight time and record
my flight track. For every logbook entry, I have an actual track of the
flight downloaded to my computer using Track Maker. I use the time recorded
when I start to taxi for take off and when I taxi to park after landing.

Richard

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
With built-in flight timers becoming the norm in virtually all new

avionics
(heck, even the new transponder I'm getting has one), just wondering if
folks are migrating away from using hobbs/tach time to record their flight
time?

And if you *are* using the flight timer, have you stopped using the old
archaic "1.3 hours" method of recording flight time? Anyone using actual
hours and minutes in their logbook instead?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA