Old November 14th 16, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Pawnee 235 vs 260

We will be purchasing an additional PA25 for our club, and like many other facilities noise is becoming a bigger issue. Our current Pawnee has a 235 HP motor which has had the 250 HP STC (domed pistons) with a fixed pitch prop. The STC has performed well with far better climb performance when towing heavy glass 2-seaters. My question is whether a 260 HP Pawnee with a constant speed prop is louder that the 235 fixed pitch prop? I have heard this rumor, but have never been able to verify it.

Any and all input is welcome.

Skip Guimond