Old August 15th 04, 05:10 AM
Peter Duniho

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
[...] Towne
Center (a large, upscale shopping mall) was closed because it is too close
to where Bush was staying, no doubt costing the merchants there a large
fortune.

During what hours? We ate lunch there (Redmond Town Center, the correct
name and spelling) yesterday, and while there was security everywhere, and
several of the streets were closed to motor vehicles, the shopping center
was definitely open.

People who drove anywhere near the great man were closely tailed by
the cops.

Now *that's* the truth. On my way into lunch, two of Redmond's finest on
motorcycles were less than a wheel width behind my car for most of the time
I was on Redmond Town Center grounds.

At the time, I didn't know what the huge concentration of police was for. I
was sorely tempted to "see" a squirrel and slam on the brakes. It's bad
enough when the average Joe Idiot is riding my butt; somehow it all makes
sense when the police are being just as stupid as everyone else.

I am not so sure Kerry deserves credit for not having TFRs around him.

I'm not so sure he does either. But what makes you think he's taking the
credit? I've never seen any quotes from him doing so.

Pete