Old August 2nd 06, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Headset Choice

jad wrote:
Hi guys,

Im looking to buy a new headset but not sure which way to go..

[snip]
Any suggestions or experiences with any of the above ??

Jad

Make sure to wear some first. And wear them for some time in the
airplane. The most wonderful quality and sound in the world are no use
if the bloomin' things hurt your head. I've got 2 pairs of AVCOMM
AV-200s. Cheap, no ANR, etc. But they're decent and they fit _me_. I've
had several folks talk to me about David Clarks and last Friday I
finally got to wear a set on a local flight. (I went up with a friend
and he offered me a pair.) I wore them for the 30 minutes to where we
went, and wore mine back. They sounded fine, but they hurt my head.
Now, my head is large (no razzing, please) - I had to special order my
motorcycle helmet because nothing in the store fit. So David Clarks
might fit you fine. But I'd want to know that before I spent the money
for any of the above.

John Stevens
PP-ASEL