Old August 24th 10, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BTiz

Default tow rope

On Aug 23, 4:38*pm, tazman wrote:
I'm looking for sources of tow rope in the USA. Can you help?

Thanks,
Doug

We get our rope from the local "rigging" store.
600ft spool of 5/8 3 ply ploy pro makes three 200ft tow ropes, we put
an eye splice in each end and appropriate weak links.
Each spool costs us about $84 and the three ropes last about 9 months,
3 months each rope. We operate off a paved runway, do not drop the
rope on landing, but the end does get dragged across a gravel area
before the pavement on landing. The "whip" end of the rope gets
weaker and we normally trim about 10ft and redo the eye splice.
Normally after 2 trimmings it is time to replace the rope.