Old March 16th 06, 06:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default GPS Question

wrote in message ...

WOW! My home town! :-) However, I learned to fly at Cheyenne, WY.

When did you live in Antigo?

No. The ADF is the Primary navaid. To use the GPS for this
approach, the approach would be relabeled, using "GPS" in the
header.

Correct.

Now, please review with me my home airport... KFNL
http://www.myairplane.com/databases/...s/05677I33.PDF

Note in the lower left of the central graphic box, where it says
"ADF REQUIRED". In this case the GPS may be substituted for the
NDB, as this is an ILS approach and the NDB is not the primary
navaid.

Correct, ADF is needed for the missed approach procedure.