Old December 29th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

Default You Know You're Old Dept.

Nah, when you know you're getting old is when you _start_ finding them in
the museum. By the time you can only find them in museums you already know
you're an old fart, and you're probably volunteering at the museum.

And I just got a flashback of a 90+ yr old volunteer at the Vintage Flying
Museum who flew B-17's in WWII and still gives tours, clambering all over
the airplane to teach people about the history of the airplane. Everytime I
think about that it reminds me what it feels like to see "awesome" in
person...

"Wayne Paul" wrote in message
I get the same type of a blank stare when I mention A3D.

You know you're old when ...the only place you can find an aircraft you
flew during your military career is a museums.

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/

wrote in message
ups.com...
You know you're old when some kid posts a picture of a plane you've
flown in captioned: 'What the hell is THIS?'

(It's an AJ-2, son. A nice airplane and one of the largest to have
flown off an Essex-class carrier.)

-R.S.Hoover