Old May 11th 04, 01:19 PM
TaxSrv

"Mike Spera" wrote:
That was my point, although I may not have been clear. There is no
"adjustment" for the pointer as you said. However, there is an

alignment
process that tunes the oscillators and other procedures. Once done,

any
drift due to aging of the (usually tantalum) capacitors may be

worked
out so that the unit will operate and point properly.

That's just not how ADF circuits typically work. I think you're
making all this up. Otherwise, you'd understand how the "oscillators"
work when they're commonly digital PLL's, and that if a receiver did
alignment, it sure ain't gonna be due to "drifting tantalum caps," as
if they are especially prone to do that in the first place.

Fred F.