Old March 2nd 04, 01:49 PM
Roger Tracy

I personally would have a problem with "loose leaf " logs. Too easy for
pages to get "lost".

I like to see logs that show a pattern of fixing things as they're needed
on the plane. And I watch for indications of prior damage history. It's
good to get a copy of the airworthiness records from the FAA and
compare the 337s and Accident/Incident reports with what's
shown in the logs. While properly repaired damage shouldn't be
an airworthiness issue .. it could be an issue at the time you decide
to sell the plane. Don't buy something with issues that are going
to cost you $$$$ at resale time.

"Paul" wrote in message
om...
I am investigating the purchase of an a/c. The "logs" are looseleaf
sheets in a binder. When people speak of a log I envision a journal
with sequentially numbered pages. Entries are made in the pages and
there is backup substantiation in the form of invoices, yellow tags,
etc. Should I be troubled by the "logs" being tendered or is this a
normal situation.

Any guidance in this matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul