Old August 28th 03, 03:02 AM

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:53:30 GMT, Roger Halstead
wrote:

:On 24 Aug 2003 22:33:05 -0700, wrote:
:
:In article , Corrie says...
:
:What's the difference? I see references to blue foam all the time - why?
:
:When people reference blue foam they're probably talking about Dow Styrofoam PI
:(Pipe Insulation) or BB (Buency Billet) foam that can be hot-wired. It's about
:2 lb/sq ft, pretty cheap, comes in big blocks and can be laminated over with
:epoxy but not polyester or vinyl-ester.
:
:I have the G-III fuselage "propped" up on the supports using
:Styrofoam(TM) pieces. When I was working on the reinforcement rib
:laminations I had to lay the stippling brush down...some where....and
:I laid it on a piece of Styrofoam. It went right through the board in
:less than a minute.

Wow. I didn't know the Gulfstream III had composite ribs. :^