Old August 6th 03, 11:27 PM
John T

"David Brooks" wrote in message

I had thought that was what John Lynch meant, but now I read this
extract again I'm not so sure.

What he actually says is that you fly all the way to the conclusion
of the approach, not that you fly to the conclusion in IMC. His
reference to "fly to the FAF and break it off" seems gratuitous
otherwise. I don't think anyone is actually asking that, so he may
be, in his mind, answering a slightly different question.

The question he's answering is not whether the approach can be logged at
all, but whether it can be logged as an approach in actual conditions (see
the phrase ["actual" approach]).

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/tknoFlyer