Old October 21st 03, 09:57 PM
Gordon

With all respect Gordon, this sort of 'respecting the symbol of our nation'
is probably very hard for most Europeans to understand.

I doubt if I could clear it up, but I grew up thinking that our flag stood for
everyone on earth who wanted to live free. I know that time has proven this
notion to be wrong, but I also know that 29 of my friends gave their lives in
US Navy aircraft so that the rest of us could live ours in relative peace. I
think that when folks have died under this banner of ours, for no other reason
than to earn freedom for people in other nations, its a symbol to be held with
pride. I know - impossible to explain what that flag means but it represents
the freedom that all people deserve, to me.

v/r
Gordon
USN SAR Aircrew

"Got anything on your radar, SENSO?"