Old December 7th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

Default Source: Dow Jones News of 17.06.2003

The voice between the two sets of remarks are vastly different. The
person from Boeing is not making any predictions with their statements.

Greg Farris wrote:
In article .com,
says...

What a pompous ass he must be to publically lambast Boeing like that. I
hope he get's copies of this article emailed to him on a weekly basis.

Looks like two can play that game :

WASHINGTON (AFP) - US aircraft giant Boeing Co. played down the competition
posed by the A350 long-haul plane newly unveiled by its fierce European rival
Airbus.

"We are not horribly concerned" about delays in orders for the US group's 787
Dreamliner, said Boeing Commercial Airplanes vice president of marketing, Randy
Baseler.
"Airlines are run by very prudent business people and they are going to look at
all of the alternatives," Baseler told reporters on a conference call.

"They certainly are going to take a look, but I would imagine they are
demanding that Airbus come up with what the characteristics and the technical
specifications of what this airplane (A350) really are," he added.

"Nobody knows. Right now it is just pretty much an extension of the marketing
brochure they put up at Farnborough," Baseler said, referring to the
international air show held in Britain in July.