Old March 25th 16, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Asw19 rudder bolt (evil)

I got it. I was about to invest in the long needle nose pliers. But that would have to be tomorrow, and I wanted to drop that bolt in today. So this was the trick. Straighten out a clothes hanger. Then put a 90 degree bend in the last 1/2 inch. Then use a small rubber band to hold the bolt onto the wire. Now you can use the long wire to drop the bolt into the hinge.. It took a couple of tries, but it's better than having to buy a new tool.. Or, maybe not..... I do like buying tools.