Old March 25th 16, 05:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Asw19 rudder bolt (evil)

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 1:15:43 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I got it. I was about to invest in the long needle nose pliers. But that would have to be tomorrow, and I wanted to drop that bolt in today. So this was the trick. Straighten out a clothes hanger. Then put a 90 degree bend in the last 1/2 inch. Then use a small rubber band to hold the bolt onto the wire. Now you can use the long wire to drop the bolt into the hinge. It took a couple of tries, but it's better than having to buy a new tool. Or, maybe not..... I do like buying tools.

A length of ~.020" SS safety wire wrapped a turn or 2 around the bolt just under the head, fish bolt into hole.
Once it's engaged into the hole, pull wire out (it will unwind itself) and tap bolt the rest of the way in.

Works great on the field where you may be tool limited.
;-)