Old March 25th 16, 10:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default Asw19 rudder bolt (evil)

On Friday, 25 March 2016 05:51:10 UTC+2, wrote:
Does anybody know an easy trick to install the bottom bolt in the rudder of an ASW19? How do you get that blasted bolt in there so you can drop it down into the bottom hinge?

As others have written, try first which side access hole is bigger, it is not necessarily symmetrical. I've done it with long needle pliers or bent steel wire, and after ten annuals I'm pretty good at it. First tries took hours.

Next level of challenge is removing canopy gas spring front bolt. Even writing about it gets my blood pressure up.