Old March 25th 16, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default Asw19 rudder bolt (evil)

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 6:27:45 AM UTC-7, wrote:
John,

What you need are a pair of extended reach glidernutboltistats. I recommend buying 2. One to keep at the airport and one at home. Here is a link to a picture.

http://daziv.com/gliderdolly/tool.jpg

Since you live in Houston, the easiest thing is to go over to EPO (Electronic Parts Outlet) on Fondren. The specialty glider tool section is over on isle 7 just past the flux capacitors. Everything in that section is made from Pakistan stainless. I think the item shown was under $20 (even though it's worth $200 for a -19 rudder project).

Mark

Excellent, Mark!
Unsure of Pakistani stainless steel, even after working near the Pakistan Steel works E of Karachi. Did try to buy a hat made in Pakistan, but the fellow in the shop said "let me get you a better hat". It was made in China.
So even a glider pilot may want to upgrade to the Chinese glidernutboltistats at the far end of aisle 7, bottom left.
Jim