Old March 25th 16, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Asw19 rudder bolt (evil)

Le vendredi 25 mars 2016 11:41:58 UTC+1, krasw a écrit*:
Next level of challenge is removing canopy gas spring front bolt. Even writing about it gets my blood pressure up.

I suppose you are talking about the transverse bolt through the "swivel block" in the nose? I assume it's the same as on the ASW-20... Normally, you don't have to unscrew that bolt (you might well have to cut a hole through the side of the nose to take it out). If you undo the bolt at the rear of the spring (canopy side), the gas spring can then be unscrewed from the front "swivel block". That block is tapped for the M8 plunger end, it is not integral with the plunger.

The problem is rather to compress the new gas spring to put it in place. This is the contraption we used last year:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/.../photo%201.JPG