Old March 22nd 04, 11:57 PM
Philip Sondericker

in article , C J Campbell at
wrote on 3/22/04 7:49 AM:

wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 10:00:33 -0800, "C J Campbell"
wrote:

You simply cannot ask everyone who bothers you to stop bothering you

Municipal ordinances generally prohibit folks from making noise before
7am and after 10pm.

Sure they do.

Even where such ordinances actually exist and (even more rarely) someone
actually tries to enforce them, they really don't reduce noise much. They
can't. You might as well try to pass a law ordering everybody to stop
breathing on Sundays.

I know that on more than one occasion in my younger days I was very
definitely persuaded by law enforcement officers to turn my stereo down
between the hours of 10PM and 7AM. So I suppose that, at least in my case,
the above-mentioned noise ordinances not only existed, but served their
purpose quite effectively.