Old October 1st 03, 05:19 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
(Fitzair4) wrote:

This summer their was a large ad in Trade-A-Plane about the production
equipment
auction on the ARV1 Super 2 certified airplane.
I always liked this plane because of its forward sweep mid-wing. It had
excellent visibility
up and down. They had it at Oshkosh for many years.
Anyone know why this plane was never successful in sales? It was built
out of all Aluminum.

It was designed in Europe and certified. Then a company in Canada had
it.
Then the rights to Minnesota, then to some where in Ohio. I don't know
if
any one bought it
at the auction.

A picture of a ARV1
http://www.planecheck.com/images/2480/ARV.jpg

I have gotten a letter this summer from a person in England that had one
for a couple year
and never had any complaint about it. He sold it, because he has many
planes and a Helicopter
to play with.

Has any one in this group flown a ARV1, that can give some good advice
of
this plane
flight performance qualities.

Larry Fitzgerald

The probable reasons for so little interest:

1. Looks -- it has a face only its designer would love.

2. Performance -- probably Kitfox performance.

3. Cost/performance/value -- Van's RV series wins here, all the way
across the board!