Old December 11th 19, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default 15 Hour Wonders

On Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 8:28:43 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Well, there will always be a minimum threshold for everything. The FAA gets to make the decision and the industry must abide by it. Getting the FAA to make changes is like tying to herd cats. I learned what needed to be learned to pass the check ride without ever really "soaring." Soaring generally comes when one has a certificate and goes off in a two seater with an experienced "soaring" pilot.

Walt Connelly

Fortunately, those are just minimums. I teach soaring, and I start teaching soaring pre-solo.

Evan Ludeman / T8