Old May 27th 10, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
4Z

Default FS Sage vario, Security chute

On May 26, 9:29*am, Andy wrote:
On May 25, 9:05*am, 4Z wrote:

*Spring cleaning! *I have a newly rebuilt 80 mm Sage SV vario. *I'd
like to trade it for a 57 mm Sage or sell for $600 OBO. *Also have a
1979 Security 250 chute. *Always well cared for, just passed
inspection and has a fresh repack, $500 OBO.

I've always been curious why anyone would use a vario with no audio
capability when there a less expensive electronic varios available.
You must like the Sage so can you explain how it is useful?

Andy

It is useful for the obvious reason that I have a Borgelt for the
audio and the sage is my backup. I listen to the Borgelt but look at
the Sage. Damn good vario but won't fit in my present panel.