Old July 15th 03, 11:55 PM
Marty Ross

Interesting... I checked it out, and it might be good for the return trip
(later afternoon).

However, check out that 30' wide runway!!! I don't know if I'm comfortable
with that!

Anyone landed at Harris Ranch (3O8) lately? What's the runway like?

"Steve House" wrote in message
Harris Ranch has the best steaks I've ever tasted - 100% organic beef,

local
veggies for side dishes, the whole deal. A "must stop" on my many drives

on
the interstate between LA and San Francisco during the 70's and 80's. I'm
pretty sure they're still there. They have/had an airstrip right next to

the
restaurant.

"Marty Ross" wrote in message
I'm looking to gain information about preferred routes,

interesting/cheap
refueling stops or siteseeing opportunities, or any other pertinent
information (weather/notams/etc.) for my round-trip flight at the end of
this month (July 2003) from the Los Angeles area to Chico (northern
California). I'll be staying in Chico about 4-5 days.

Looking at the WAC, it looks like it could be a pretty monotonous flight
(e.g., lost in the gigantic central valley). The only stop I'm

currently
thinking of is at Columbia (O22) because I've heard it's a cute spot to
stretch one's legs (in the old mining town nearby).

Again, any other ideas or suggestions for this flight (and the return
several days later) will be appreciated!

-- Marty