Old July 23rd 05, 08:03 PM
Dennis Fetters

Dear Jim,

I tried to email this to you privately, but it returned. So, I'll post
it here as a privet email. Those who read it are reading something not
meant for anyone but Jim.

Dear Jim,

Thank you for your post, I'm happy to read what you said, but it will
only cause you problems. These people live by "do not confuse the issues
with the facts, we already made up our minds". They are mostly crippled
with blinders, and unable to comprehend the facts. I only post here in
rebuttal against what these few robot minded people parrot, and then
only for those with open minds and hearts to have an opportunity to at
least read the other side. Then, they can make up their own minds.

It is a burden I bare alone, and no need for you to suffer by trying to
say something contrary to what they want all others to believe. If all
happy Mini-500 owners were as brave and forthright as you, and would
stand and fight back, then it would be a victory, but that will never
happen. Thank you for the bit of kindness, but you do not deserve their
wrath.

Most sincerely,

Dennis Fetter

Jim wrote:

Its incredible how much false information you can get on the newsgroups.
Persons who have never owned and flown a Mini-500 have nothing to offer
but opinion from a extreme distance. It means nothing at all to those
that really need to know. It is also pointless to get an opinion from a
person with an axe to grind or that feels he has been swindled by
someone with more brains than he has or at least the ability to use what
he has more efficiently..
Persons who allow themselves to be indoctrinated by ignoramuses often
become what they learn from. It is very evident in these forums.
My Mini-500 was so easy to operate a caveman (with 20 hours of training)
could do it. The only way to operate a helicopter safely is with in the
design parameters. Then even that is no guarantee but it improves your
safety factor.Very skilled and qualified pilots have operated outside
these parameters and have been injured or killed. Sometimes pilots are
killed by misjudgment or taking an ever so slight chance that they will
be okay. Picking a bad emergency landing site killed two Sacramento
sheriff's officers this month. Had it been a Mini-500 it would surely
have been to blame because the unknowledgeable person would have been
quick to blame it. I guess it boils down to who has more realistic
advise for you, the manufacturer or the newsgroup detractor. A profound
analysis in itself I would think. Think about it, read about it and form
a conclusion based on reason. Or not, its a matter of free agency.

"Clear the area before departure" "Look both ways before crossing the
street" yada yada, or hell just knock on wood!

"B4RT" wrote in message

snipped

Despite what you may read below. This is a dnagerous machine.
So unless you have 1000+ hours or rotorcraft time and know enough
to know why youd want to put yourself in peril, take you money and
invest it in training in a non-experimental helicopter.

Bart