Old February 10th 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default If user fees go into effect I'm done

Wolfgang Schwanke writes:

The EU is not exactly a democratic organisation. Even though it was
originally implemented by democratically elected politicians, the
influx of the voter's opinion on politician's actions is limited in
representative democracies anyway. Once the damage has been done (and
noticed), very little can be done about it.

Why? Because God forbids Europeans from participating in their own
government?

This type of fatalism is also typically European.

Privatisation of government tasks is part of neoliberal ideology, which
is the current trend among the political class ...

The notion of a "political class" is also typically European.

Please limit your comments to subjects you know about.

I knew you'd be the first to reply. Soon you'll be darkly adumbrating all
sorts of European interdictions on free speech in an attempt to silence me.

Europeans are their own worst enemies. Harper Valley is gradually rotting
from the inside.