Old February 10th 07, 04:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default If user fees go into effect I'm done

Wolfgang Schwanke writes:

What I say above true for the US as well.

Not unless the U.S. has changed very dramatically indeed. Last time I was
there, mediocrity, social stratification, and complacency/apathy were not the
watchwords that they are in Europe.

"Political class" means there's a bunch of people who do politics as a
way of earning money. That bunch of people exists in the the US too.

In the U.S., politicians are people who do politics for a living. They are
not part of a separate class. Anyone can undertake politics in the U.S., and
anyone can leave it. You don't have to be born into a certain family or
anything like that.

Shut up

Freedom of speech is so irritating sometimes, eh?