Old September 5th 18, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Ventus ballast leak

I saw similar in a Mini Nimbus after the wings were cut open.Â* All of
the hardware was made of mild steel which, over the years simply rusted
away!Â* Very shoddy design, if you ask me.Â* The repairs were accomplished
with brass hardware and the wings closed up.

There should be plenty of shops in Europe that can handle this kind of
repair.

Good Luck!

On 9/5/2018 12:52 PM, Mr.T wrote:
On Saturday, October 9, 2010 at 1:21:53 PM UTC+2, wladkummer76 wrote:
Hi all,

Id like to ask for help here. My Ventus a SN143 right wing ballast is
leaking around the ballast valve actuator rod. I've contacted S&H but
no response so far. I do not know if a O-ring seal would fit in the
small recess.

Have anyone in this group experienced this problem?

Thanks to everyone

Hi,

Sorry about causing a reawakening of this old thread.

But it so happens, that our plane a Ventus B/16.6 has developed "sort of" the same problem. The bolt to the water ballast valve have simply broken inside the wing.

Anyone with pictures or information on how to do the repair? - S.H. Just told me to cut a hole in the top side of the wing, but it sure would be nice with some experience. I can't go to Cindy's place, as I live in Europe.

Thanks Mr.T

--
Dan, 5J