Old December 27th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.aerobatics
Stefan

Default spins from coordinated flight

Dudley Henriques schrieb:

When someone asks what causes a spin, ... the correct answer is
that stall and yaw rate must be present to produce a spin

If you then ask a student to explain the aerodynamics in play as a spin
develops, it's THEN you want the auto rotational aerodynamics.

Different approach. You, as a military pilot (as I think to have
understood), believe in the behavioristic approach. Me, as a scientist
(and amateur pilot) follow the cognitive approach. Your approach yields
pilots who exactly know what to do in this or that situation, but
probably without really understanding the deeper reasons. My approach
tries to understand the underlying physics and to deduct the needed
pilot action from there. Not nessecairy for a pilot, but it's my style,
I think it's interesting and it's the prerequisite if you want to go on
your own feet beyond the tought stuff.

Now if only that fog around here would go away so I could go and rent
that Cap 10 and do some spins...