Old April 30th 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Central Valley, CA stops

On Apr 29, 2:55 pm, xxx wrote:
Flying up the central valley from LA, is there any on-field restaurant
that's worth a stop?
Bakersfield, Fresno, Modesto, Madera, Stockton...any reason to prefer
any one over any other for either human or airplane fuel?

I assume you are new to California. Harris Ranch is a must-visit place
for anyone flying up the central valley. My wife and I go down to
Mexico several times a year and even at 9:00pm she's asking for a
stop at Harris Ranch on the way back. The resturant has its down paved
and lit runway.

-Robert