Old August 8th 07, 02:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

Default What are you really trying to accomplish

"Just Plane Noise" wrote in message
On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 20:35:51 -0400, Dave LaCourse
wrote:

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 19:18:33 -0400, "Boomerang"
wrote:

Don...as a geezer fully capable in yEnc and a dozen other equally
unpronounceable software applications, I think this message of yours is
an
absolute masterpiece of compassion, consideration and common sense.
Nicely
done!!

Mmmm. Well, I am a 70 yo geezer who subscribes to a very good news
reader and I can't tell the difference between yenc and jpeg. I don't
even look at the format. My only complaint is the incessant whining
about yenc. No one is making anyone switch to yenc. If you can not
open it, so be it. Continue to open those pics you can see. As far
as wasted bandwidth, well, threads like this and all the previous
****ing contests don't really help, do they?

Dave

And I hit 60 in a few days. I also challenge the notion that age has
much to do with it, A lot of kids today may use technology that is
unfamiliar to us, uh, advanced middle-aged folk, but their
understanding of the workings of that technology is often limited to
not much more than knowing where the power switch is.

Sorry, Noise, mythology will not support your position.

gdp