Old July 14th 03, 08:33 PM
Raphael Warshaw

"Eric" wrote in message
m...
Yesterday was my first flight with my new iPaq 3955 with WinPilot --
the screen viewability was not what I'd hoped.

At first, I positioned the iPaq on the instrument panel, near vertical
but tilting up slightly to directly face me. But, with the sun
directly overhead, I could hardly see the display. Glare wasn't the
problem, the display just seemed dark (like looking at an LCD off
angle). Note that I'm powering the iPaq externally with its backlight
set to maximum.

Later, I pulled the iPaq down and put it on my leg, near horizontal
but tilting up slightly so and looking at the display at somewhat less
than a straight on, 90 degree angle. With the sun shining down on the
screen, it was MUCH better, almost as if the sun's light and the
screen's reflectivity were working together.

Still, I'd rather have the iPaq attached to the instrument panel
rather than another thing attached to my body in the cockpit (O2,
water tube, etc.). Any ideas?