Old April 20th 20, 07:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default Canopy tinting

On Sunday, April 19, 2020 at 8:49:26 PM UTC-7, Paul wrote:
Question: Is it possible to tint a canopy like a car, for example, using automotive window tinting material? I know some canopies are tinted a bluish color, but what about a dark black tint?

Thanks,

Paul,

When I first bought a Stemme, I put one of those electrostatic cling, dark plastic tint panels above my head. Then rolled it out into the sun. When I compared the temperature differential between tinted area and clear. The delta was rising rapidly. I removed the tint, figuring it wasn't worth the risk of having a stress cracked canopy.