Old July 4th 03, 03:54 PM
A Lieberman

clyde woempner wrote:

I would think, the question should be, where do I get an old tired engine
rebuilt??
Clyde

Clyde,

I might be making it sound worse then what it may be. The engine has
2017 hours. (Lycoming 360 180 hp) The compressions are 76/76/76/78 out
of 80. I bought the plane in January of this year and at that time the
engine had 1940 hours. So, you can see, it has been flown much more in
the past 6 months then it has in quite some time. The engine does purr
like a kitten, and is easy to start (after figuring out I need to prime
it so much).

My A&P is saying for now, with the compressions so high, and no metal in
the oil, not to fix what is working. He said he has replaced engines
with lower compressions then what I have in. Figuring he is the
expert, who am I to question.

Allen