Old January 7th 06, 09:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default Nasa Icing courses and complacency

Scott Draper wrote:
Not everyone receives or subscribes to *every* newsgroup.

That's because we want to choose what we download.

Well you chose to download it.

Icing is mostly
relevant to IFR flight.

Not true. Unless you want to bend thoughts one way only. And I see your
need to do so. I would not advocate vfr pilots follow your lead of
practicing non-enlightenment. Around the great lakes here we get
moisture, higher up icing, farther away icing, and higher and farther it
is snow. VFR pilots here contend with this, lots. The IFR planes are
known icing approved. So would you advocate the ifr pilots not learn
about icing as they can just push a button to shed it?

And if you would bother to look and read before you bash, you would see
that there is also a course on ground icing also.

Both are very applicable to vfr flying.

Somehow I just know you are 'really good' at Microsoft flightsimulator.

I have not looked at the courses yet but I see no harm in them. Take
your electrons to the recycle bin.

It was a good post and I am glad to have run accross it.